Dried out yet? Going to do a little cooking on the grill this weekend? Did you know that
grill fires cause an estimated $37 million in property loss each year!
According to our partners in safety at the United States Fire Administration:
- Almost half of home grill fires happen between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Fifty-seven percent of home grill fires occur during the months of May, June, July and August.
- Patios, terraces, screened-in porches and courtyards are leading home locations for grill fires.
- Seventy-nine percent of all home grill fires involve gas grills.
- “Mechanical failure, malfunction” is the leading factor in the start of grill fires. Leaks or breaks of containers or pipes are often to blame.
Please take a moment to watch the video below to learn how to grill safely.