On this episode of Firehouse Foods Technician Adrian Cubbage, Station 19, Lorton, B-Shift cooks up his Big Mac Casserole recipe.
Recipe and instructions are below video.
1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons French dressing
1⁄2 tablespoon sweet relish
2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon onion, minced
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon ketchup
Salt to taste
Mix vigorously. Do not heat.
64 oz. Straight Cut French Fries
1 lb. of 85/15 Ground Beef per 2 people
1 head of lettuce
24 slices of American cheese (48 if you’re up for it!)
1 white onion
1 Jar Dill Pickle hamburger slices
24 Sesame seed hamburger buns
– Bake French Fries according to package
– Dice full onion (reserve some for cooking with beef, some for topping casserole)
– Chop head of lettuce into shreds
– Cook entirety of ground beef until medium rare (will finish to well done when baking). Drain beef.
– Start your layering process (in order as written):
First layer – Bottom buns; ground beef; cheese (optional); half of shredded lettuce
Second layer – Baked French Fries; rest of ground beef; rest of cheese; rest of lettuce; pickles to preference; onions to preference; entirety of Mac Sauce; Top Buns (buttering by brushing makes top buns crispy and delicious)
-Once layered, bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.