February is Heart Health Month.
Unfortunately, strokes do happen. It is important that you and your loved ones know and recognize the warning signs of a stroke as every second counts! Please take a moment to review the below tips from our friends at the American Heart Association.
If you think you or a loved one are experiencing a stroke, call 911 as soon as possible! Our paramedics and firefighters will be there to assist you promptly.
Sometimes other symptoms appear, separately, in combination or with F.A.S.T. signs. They are:
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech.
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg. Especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If someone shows any of these symptoms, call your Fairfax County Paramedics and Firefighter at 9-1-1 immediately!