Using a Turkey Fryer this year to cook your Thanksgiving Dinner? Please make sure you fry the turkey and NOT your home!
If you must fry your turkey, please gobble up these tips from the Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Use turkey fryers outside only and away from your home.
- Never use a turkey fryer in a garage or on a porch.
- Completely thaw and dry turkey before cooking
- Do not overfill the oil in the turkey fryer.
- If oil begins to smoke, immediately turn gas supply OFF.
- Never leave the turkey fryer unattended.